Married in Community of Property (COP): both your own and your spouse’s income and expenses must be calculated in a joint application, and both parties’ debt must be included for consideration.

Married out of COP: generally a single application will need to be written for the over-indebted party, who is applying for debt review. But a joint application for debt review can be submitted, if both parties agree  that they need it. In this case, both parties will be placed under debt review and then their statuses updated at the credit bureaus.

Married Antenuptual Agreement: only the over-indebted spouse needs to apply for debt review, although a joint application could be applied for if both parties need and agree to this.

Traditional Marriage: the application for debt review will be the same as a couple married in COP.

Living together: a joint application process can be entered into by both parties, if warranted